Over the last six weeks or so, I have developed a teaching series called ‘Signs of a False Prophet’. Jesus, or Yeshua in His original Hebrew name, said there would be many false prophets that would rise up in the last days. As one who has operated in the prophetic, been called and sent to deliver various messages from the Lord to others, this teaching series captures what I have learned along the way as well as counterfeits I have witnessed along this peculiar faith journey. The playlist consists of 12 teachings ranging from 2 minutes to 20 minutes in duration. I pray it enriches your covenant with Abba Father through His Son. Shalom!
This past month I have been releasing brief teachings on YouTube called ‘Signs of a False Prophet’. In a previous blog, I released the first 4 videos in this series. If you missed those, you can find that blog here.
Below are the teachings #5 – #7 of this important series. Subscribe to this blog or my YouTube channel to learn more!
Two nights ago, I experienced a peculiar and ongoing dream of a mighty whirlwind that affected both land and sea. This storm did significant damage to various landscaping and affected my cleaning business. The dream ended with the whirlwind/waterspout picking me up after attempting to run from it down the pier. The whirlwind lifted me up into the clouds where I could see what appeared to be a heavenly type of city in the midst of the clouds. It was then I thought to myself, “I am like Elijah being mysteriously taken up in a whirlwind..” and then I awoke perplexed. Later, I interpreted the dream as a storm is coming and will affect my life as I know it, but ultimately, it will take me to new heights spiritually. Consequently, I decided to release the teaching series “Signs of a False Prophet” much faster than originally intended in the event the “storm” ends up being a literal storm…perhaps a hurricane or tornado that disrupts my life as I know it. As I type this a strong storm suddenly blew in. I am hoping my plants survive this one…I brought most of them under shelter in the cockpit of my sailboat since the last unexpected storm caused a beloved rose bush to go overboard!
Below are video teachings of the first four in this series. I pray they educate, empower, and encourage you to be discerning of the plethora of “prophetic” voices haunting various media outlets and halls of congregations.
The Holy Scriptures give us a few traits or clues to beware of when discerning the Anti-Messiah or Anti-Christ spirit. As we sojourn the halls of various places of worship, carry on conversations with others, or peruse social media, be on the look out for any of these 5 traits:
- The most obvious clue is anyone who denies the fact that Yeshua/Jesus of Nazareth was/is the Son of YHWH (G-d), died for the sins of the world, and was resurrected on the 3rd day. Anyone who rejects Yeshua as Messiah is a carrier of the Anti-Messiah spirit. 1 John 4:1-3.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will seem to be culturally “cool”, very likeable, popular, persuasive, and intriguing, even offering people many lucrative incentives, but inwardly he/she/they are infected with a dangerous spirit. Daniel 8:25; 11:21,23,24,25.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will seek/has already sought to speak against, change and distort G-d’s laws. The Anti-Messiah spirit is even referred to as ‘the lawless one’ (one without Yah’s laws). The Anti-Messiah spirit will proclaim their will, their laws, their way is the correct interpretation verses G-d’s will, laws, and ways written in His word. Essentially, the Anti-Messiah does away with the One True G-d and His will by replacing G-d with a god of their own ideologies. Daniel 7:25; 11:28,36-39; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12; 2 Peter 3:14-18; Revelation 11:1-2.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will slander, shun, persecute, torment, and eventually seek to kill those who keep or practice G-d’s holy covenant, namely those who keep G-d’s commandments and believe Yeshua is Messiah. This vile spirit is very anti-semitic/anti-Jew/anti-Israel/anti-Hebrew in all forms conceivable for the Anti-Messiah spirit knows not only was Yeshua a chosen Jew from Israel, but those who are chosen as native Israelites as well as the grafted-in Israelites, who both believe in Yeshua the Messiah and keep their Heavenly Abba(Father)’s commandments, are being a light to the ever-increasing dark world. Isaiah 49:6; Isaiah 51:4,7-8; Daniel 8:24; 11:28,30; Revelation 7:1-8; 12:13-17; 14:1-13.
- Conversely, the Anti-Messiah spirit will reward those who don’t keep G-d’s commands, are against G-d’s temple, and sacrifices, which are a part of G-d’s covenant in the Torah. Daniel 11:30-35; Revelation 11:1-2; 13:4-18; 17:8,15.
In this teaching episode, Carrie reflects on how the two witnesses (two prophets) and the false prophet have the ability to call forth the plagues in the last days. In this teaching, you’ll also learn how to tell the difference between prophets of God and false prophets, which can be difficult to discern when prophecies manifest!
#prophecy #Revelation #endtimes #twoprophets #twowitnesses #trumpets #bowls #plagues #Exodus #Moses #Aaron #Torah #miracles #love #Messiah #GreatTribulation #tribulation #rapture #prophets #seer #falseprophet #AntiChrist
Background Music By: Ira Malone
Album: “Melodies of Philos”
Songs: “Face to Face”
“Days Like These”
“Last Summer’s Day”
For those interested in learning more about prophecy, specifically how to discern between not just true prophets from false ones, but also the difference between the gift of prophecy and the office of a prophet, I pray this teaching blesses you and your relationship with the Father through His Son, Jesus/Yeshua. This video also explains why prophecies don’t always manifest. If you don’t have time to watch, keep reading below the video for the overall summary. Shalom!
“All prophets have the gift of prophecy, but not all who have the gift of prophecy are prophets.”
Gift of Prophecy vs. Prophet
Before digging into the how to discern between a true prophet and a false one, let’s discuss hearing God and the gift of prophecy.
Hearing God: Jesus explained during His ministry that He is the Great Shepherd and He is after the lost sheep of Israel (but that is an entirely different topic worth your time). See John 10.Those who believe Jesus/Yeshua is the son of God who came to take away the sins of the world become adopted into His flock as His sheep. Upon receiving the Holy Spirit, Jesus tells us we will be able to hear His voice (John 10:27).
We won’t necessarily hear His voice immediately or atleast be able to distinguish His voice instantly, but in time, as we get to know Him through His word, we will eventually start developing the ability to recognize His voice…what is from Him and what is of Satan. So, eventually, all believers should be able to hear His voice. To learn more about hearing God, click here.
Gift of Prophecy: After one has learned how to hear the Holy Spirit for themselves, they may be activated with the gift of prophecy. This gift is one of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit and is designed to edify, exhort, and comfort others. The various realms of prophecy, especially the ‘word of knowledge’ aspect not only encourages believers, but helps convince non-believers that God is real and wants a personal intimate relationship with each of us. The Apostle Paul explains we all should (at some point) be able to prophesy as our hearing skills and faith develops by responding in obedience to what we are hearing. No prophecy, or spoken voice of the Spirit, will ever contradict God’s written voice found in the Bible. See 1 Corinthians 12-14. James 2:22-25.
“All prophets have the gift of prophecy, but not all who have the gift of prophecy are prophets.”
Many will have the ‘gift of prophecy’, but not all will be prophets of God, or in the ‘office’ of a prophet. Discerning the difference between a true prophet of God versus a false one, will also help you understand the difference of one who can flow in the gift but not be an actual prophet.
How to Discern Between A True Prophet Vs A False Prophet
- A True Prophet: WILL acknowledge both the Father and the Son (Yahweh/YHVH, as the one true living God, and His Son, Jesus Christ/Yeshua, the Messiah). Whereas, a false prophet will not. This is a very elementary principle. James 2:19; 1 John 2:22-23
- A True Prophet: WILL be called by God through typically a vision or dream versus their own wishful thinking. If you evaluate all the prophets of the Bible, the vast majority the LORD spoke to them through a vision, dream, or some type of visual experience. To learn more about those topics specifically, watch my teachings “You Might Be A Prophet IF” and “Learn To Discern”. Numbers 12:6
- A True Prophet: Does NOT want to be a prophet. Whereas a false prophet promotes themselves and their status as a prophet, their merchandise, etc. Why? Because prophets are hated, persecuted, isolated, lonely, and usually killed not to mention, carry the burden of the prophecy itself. A false prophet wants to be a prophet for fame, respect, power, and control. True prophets are humble, often isolated (especially when being called by God and refined before ministering), often lowly in position, seem peculiar or different from the world (think of David and Amos how they were just shepherds of no status and the fact that John the Baptist ate honeycomb and locusts!). False prophets want the glory and strive to be popular. They often are flashy, showy, performance driven, and driven by money. They often prophesy about their follower’s material possessions versus a heart for God. Jeremiah 20:7-10; Habakkuk 1:1-4
- A True Prophet: WILL most likely tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear. Hence, why the prophet was sent in the first place. Whereas, a false prophet will be all about telling you want sounds good to you. They can read the idols of your heart and therefore, tell you what your heart desires making you like them and that word. A true prophet’s message will be about cultivating an authentic relationship with God through Jesus, His Son, and far less about material fleshly things. Although a true prophet may at times provide an encouraging positive word if that is what God tells them you NEED to hear, it will more likely be a message of repentance, warning, or judgment. What I call a “Reflect. Correct. Direct.” type of message. Be more leery of prophets who give you words of ‘peace and prosperity’ than prophets who correct or warn you. But also remember, the gift of prophecy, in non-prophets, tends to be more encouraging. Always analyze the overall message though – does it point your heart towards an authentic relationship or fleshly things? Ezekiel 13-14
- A True Prophet: Will be all about “REPENT. Serve the LORD.” whereas a false prophet will be all about “RECEIVE. The Lord serves you!” Again, a true prophet could care less about your worldly goods or fleshly things and will be focused on the issues of your heart that need aligning to the Father and His Word. Jeremiah 23:9: Jeremiah 28.
- A True Prophet: The prophecy of a true prophet will probably** manifest whereas a false word will fall to the ground (fail). Deuteronomy 18:18-22; Jeremiah 28:9. Jeremiah 18.
IF the prophecy manifests, that could be a very good indication it is of the LORD. UNLESS, the overall message of that prophet is telling you to serve the idols of your heart, another God, man’s doctrines, or more worldly things versus the One True Living God and His ways, His laws, His will!! THIS IS A TEST FROM GOD. Jesus and His Word tell us many false prophets as well as one main false prophet will arise specifically to lure you away from an authentic relationship with the Father through Jesus and surrendered obedience to God. Deuteronomy 12:32-13:10; Matthew 24; Revelation 12-13.
IF the prophecy does NOT manifest, that could be due to a few reasons:
- It came from the so-called prophet’s/person’s heart (imagination) not God.
- The person/prophet added to or subtracted from the word itself. Never do this as this will cause an inaccurate word. Just give the word if you genuinely believe it is from God and He has released you to speak such things. Don’t over-analyze it, don’t add to it to help it make sense, and don’t hold back either. Don’t make it fit what you want. Don’t get it twisted by trying to predict what it will look like. Deuteronomy 12:32
- The people repented or disobeyed, depending on if the prophecy was a call to repentance (much more common) or a prosperous prophecy (very rare), and so it was a prophecy conditioned on the response of the people. The end goal of all true prophets who prophesy repentance, warning, and judgment is that the prophecy NOT manifest for that means the people repented.Jeremiah 18.
To learn more about this topic, get in the Word for yourself, seek the Father and His Spirit with all your heart. You can also go to my YouTube channel to watch some of my other prophetic teachings (check out the playlists).
False prophets capitalize in telling you what you want to hear. They specialize in reading the idols of one’s heart or in this case the idol’s of a state, country, or religion’s heart. Scripture teaches us that a true prophet of God is more likely to tell you what you DON’T want to hear; hence, why a prophet was needed to be sent in the first place, than a false prophet reading your heart’s desires and causing you to trust a lie. Get in the Word of God to learn the differences between a true prophet and a false one. Otherwise, you will continue to be deceived. California is blue and did not go red as a true prophet could have told you *if* the Lord indeed revealed it and it wasn’t a desire of one’s own heart. Study and seek the Father on Ezekiel 13-14 and Jeremiah 28. #prophecy #prophets #WordofGod
Additionally, study the difference between a prophet, or the office of a prophet, versus the gifts of prophecy. Similar and yet different.
Not surprisingly, this YouTube channel, Lord’s Prophecy, deleted my above comment speaking truth in love that I posted in the comments section of the video,
“Mark Taylor Interview * California Will Go Red” (see below). Brother and Sisters, be sure to worship God and follow His Word – not man and their false prophecies and teachings. Shalom!
Attention Dreamers, Seers, and Hearing Prophets, this teaching is for you!