(Recorded Mar 1, 2019) Carrie and Jerry are amazed at all Abba (God/YHVH) has done..providing for their needs yet again in this foreign new land! While on a walk in this video, they not only explore a new-to-them neighborhood, but have the opportunity to pray for someone. Through it all, they once again discover serving God and others has it’s perks! Abba takes care of His kids by providing not only for their needs, but blessing them with extra perks too. As reported in previous videos that Abba said to Carrie a few weeks ago, “Just do what I tell you do, and I’ll do the rest.” He’s a good, good, Father! Have faith in whatever He asks YOU to do!
For some, the topic of prophecy is uncomfortable let alone receiving or learning of specific details to manifest in the near or distant future. In this teaching, Carrie shares some of her experiences in the prophetic while comparing it to Scripture. You’ll want to grab your Bible, a pen and paper for this one! #prophecy #prophets #HearingGod #details #specifics #timeframe #prophecies #tsunami #judgment #abortion #dreams #visions #impressions #word #thussaiththeLORD
For those interested in learning more about prophecy, specifically how to discern between not just true prophets from false ones, but also the difference between the gift of prophecy and the office of a prophet, I pray this teaching blesses you and your relationship with the Father through His Son, Jesus/Yeshua. This video also explains why prophecies don’t always manifest. If you don’t have time to watch, keep reading below the video for the overall summary. Shalom!
“All prophets have the gift of prophecy, but not all who have the gift of prophecy are prophets.”
Gift of Prophecy vs. Prophet
Before digging into the how to discern between a true prophet and a false one, let’s discuss hearing God and the gift of prophecy.
Hearing God: Jesus explained during His ministry that He is the Great Shepherd and He is after the lost sheep of Israel (but that is an entirely different topic worth your time). See John 10.Those who believe Jesus/Yeshua is the son of God who came to take away the sins of the world become adopted into His flock as His sheep. Upon receiving the Holy Spirit, Jesus tells us we will be able to hear His voice (John 10:27).
We won’t necessarily hear His voice immediately or atleast be able to distinguish His voice instantly, but in time, as we get to know Him through His word, we will eventually start developing the ability to recognize His voice…what is from Him and what is of Satan. So, eventually, all believers should be able to hear His voice. To learn more about hearing God, click here.
Gift of Prophecy: After one has learned how to hear the Holy Spirit for themselves, they may be activated with the gift of prophecy. This gift is one of the many gifts of the Holy Spirit and is designed to edify, exhort, and comfort others. The various realms of prophecy, especially the ‘word of knowledge’ aspect not only encourages believers, but helps convince non-believers that God is real and wants a personal intimate relationship with each of us. The Apostle Paul explains we all should (at some point) be able to prophesy as our hearing skills and faith develops by responding in obedience to what we are hearing. No prophecy, or spoken voice of the Spirit, will ever contradict God’s written voice found in the Bible. See 1 Corinthians 12-14. James 2:22-25.
“All prophets have the gift of prophecy, but not all who have the gift of prophecy are prophets.”
Many will have the ‘gift of prophecy’, but not all will be prophets of God, or in the ‘office’ of a prophet. Discerning the difference between a true prophet of God versus a false one, will also help you understand the difference of one who can flow in the gift but not be an actual prophet.
How to Discern Between A True Prophet Vs A False Prophet
- A True Prophet: WILL acknowledge both the Father and the Son (Yahweh/YHVH, as the one true living God, and His Son, Jesus Christ/Yeshua, the Messiah). Whereas, a false prophet will not. This is a very elementary principle. James 2:19; 1 John 2:22-23
- A True Prophet: WILL be called by God through typically a vision or dream versus their own wishful thinking. If you evaluate all the prophets of the Bible, the vast majority the LORD spoke to them through a vision, dream, or some type of visual experience. To learn more about those topics specifically, watch my teachings “You Might Be A Prophet IF” and “Learn To Discern”. Numbers 12:6
- A True Prophet: Does NOT want to be a prophet. Whereas a false prophet promotes themselves and their status as a prophet, their merchandise, etc. Why? Because prophets are hated, persecuted, isolated, lonely, and usually killed not to mention, carry the burden of the prophecy itself. A false prophet wants to be a prophet for fame, respect, power, and control. True prophets are humble, often isolated (especially when being called by God and refined before ministering), often lowly in position, seem peculiar or different from the world (think of David and Amos how they were just shepherds of no status and the fact that John the Baptist ate honeycomb and locusts!). False prophets want the glory and strive to be popular. They often are flashy, showy, performance driven, and driven by money. They often prophesy about their follower’s material possessions versus a heart for God. Jeremiah 20:7-10; Habakkuk 1:1-4
- A True Prophet: WILL most likely tell you what you NEED to hear, not what you WANT to hear. Hence, why the prophet was sent in the first place. Whereas, a false prophet will be all about telling you want sounds good to you. They can read the idols of your heart and therefore, tell you what your heart desires making you like them and that word. A true prophet’s message will be about cultivating an authentic relationship with God through Jesus, His Son, and far less about material fleshly things. Although a true prophet may at times provide an encouraging positive word if that is what God tells them you NEED to hear, it will more likely be a message of repentance, warning, or judgment. What I call a “Reflect. Correct. Direct.” type of message. Be more leery of prophets who give you words of ‘peace and prosperity’ than prophets who correct or warn you. But also remember, the gift of prophecy, in non-prophets, tends to be more encouraging. Always analyze the overall message though – does it point your heart towards an authentic relationship or fleshly things? Ezekiel 13-14
- A True Prophet: Will be all about “REPENT. Serve the LORD.” whereas a false prophet will be all about “RECEIVE. The Lord serves you!” Again, a true prophet could care less about your worldly goods or fleshly things and will be focused on the issues of your heart that need aligning to the Father and His Word. Jeremiah 23:9: Jeremiah 28.
- A True Prophet: The prophecy of a true prophet will probably** manifest whereas a false word will fall to the ground (fail). Deuteronomy 18:18-22; Jeremiah 28:9. Jeremiah 18.
IF the prophecy manifests, that could be a very good indication it is of the LORD. UNLESS, the overall message of that prophet is telling you to serve the idols of your heart, another God, man’s doctrines, or more worldly things versus the One True Living God and His ways, His laws, His will!! THIS IS A TEST FROM GOD. Jesus and His Word tell us many false prophets as well as one main false prophet will arise specifically to lure you away from an authentic relationship with the Father through Jesus and surrendered obedience to God. Deuteronomy 12:32-13:10; Matthew 24; Revelation 12-13.
IF the prophecy does NOT manifest, that could be due to a few reasons:
- It came from the so-called prophet’s/person’s heart (imagination) not God.
- The person/prophet added to or subtracted from the word itself. Never do this as this will cause an inaccurate word. Just give the word if you genuinely believe it is from God and He has released you to speak such things. Don’t over-analyze it, don’t add to it to help it make sense, and don’t hold back either. Don’t make it fit what you want. Don’t get it twisted by trying to predict what it will look like. Deuteronomy 12:32
- The people repented or disobeyed, depending on if the prophecy was a call to repentance (much more common) or a prosperous prophecy (very rare), and so it was a prophecy conditioned on the response of the people. The end goal of all true prophets who prophesy repentance, warning, and judgment is that the prophecy NOT manifest for that means the people repented.Jeremiah 18.
To learn more about this topic, get in the Word for yourself, seek the Father and His Spirit with all your heart. You can also go to my YouTube channel to watch some of my other prophetic teachings (check out the playlists).
(Recorded July 18, 2018) In this brief teaching, Carrie shares with you how the Lord previously spoke (throughout Scripture examples) and still speaks to us today through objects, nature, circumstances, etc.
(Recorded July 16, 2018) In this episode, Carrie provides a real life example of what it looks like to hear God, obey Him, and wait on Him.
(Recorded July 12, 2018) In this episode, Carrie shares the importance of hearing God for oneself and how God often repeats Himself and is into patterns! Grab a pen, paper, and your Bible as Carrie gives lots of Biblical examples and personal examples from her own life!
Much has quickly transpired in recent weeks, making it seem each event that unfolds before me is like a game of dominoes. One event triggers another, which triggers another, and before you know it, lives are changed.
Similarly, this morning, my husband and I attended a church we had not attended thus far while living here in Myrtle Beach. We had been to this same church for other events and even led a worship experience at this same church on a recent Friday night, but never attended their Sunday service. How is it possible to lead worship at a church you’ve never attended you ask? All I can say is, with God all things are possible! How that transpired is an entirely other post I need to scribe. But for now, this story needs to be shared…
At the worship event I recently led a couple of weeks ago, I had the privilege of singing with another worshiper who specializes in the guitar. He and I had only met days before, but as fellow prophetic worshipers united by spiritual DNA, it was as if I had sung with him my entire life. Little did he know I had been praying that Abba/God our Father would send my way a male guitarist who also sings. As he “noodled” on his guitar, I spontaneously sang fresh manna or fresh new songs. Likewise, he at times would spontaneously sing new phrases as we made up a song together simply singing unto the LORD. Yet another prophetic worshiper attended that service – one whom I had only met on facebook also days before and yet that worshiper jumped on keys and all of it blended so perfectly. It was as if God orchestrated an entire band in a matter of seconds. It was a glorious time of worship and people’s hearts were healed simply by stepping out in faith.
Speaking of faith, as my faith partner (husband) and I, along with a few of our other friends, were sitting in this church today supporting my new guitarist friend and singer as he led worship at this particular Sunday service (which is also new for him), we all just worshiped expecting God to have His way in the service. During the first song the guitarist/singer/lead worshiper opened with, I could discern a wall of sorts, a wall of fear and awkwardness attempting to block the Spirit, but I pressed in praying in my heart and at times out loud rebuking the spirit of fear and anything trying to prevent the Holy Spirit from doing what He does best.. Upon the middle of the second song, it broke, the presence of God entered the room and it was palpable – almost unbearable it was so intense. I just sang my heart out in worship. Meanwhile, in my peripheral vision, I could see a gentlemen wearing green. I could sense I was to minister to him and I heard the Spirit tell me the man needs healing, but I had not yet heard from the Spirit how I was to minister to him. So I simply waited for the Spirit to tip the domino in me. As the worship segment transpired, a singer on stage shared a testimony about a woman in their church who was healed of lupus and even had a child when she was told by medical professionals she would always suffer in the disease and she would never bear children.
By the third song, the Pastor came up to the front and asked me to join the praise band right there on the spot. Evidently, he had heard about our spontaneous worship from the Friday night event we held there a couple of weeks prior. I was shocked he called me up, but I stepped out in faith and proceeded to the stage. (Remember, I had never attended that church and literally just met the Pastor moments before the service began.) In general, I try to avoid any resemblance of performance so I sat on the steps adjoining the stage and simply worshiped Yeshua/Jesus as if I was sitting at His feet. We all just poured out our adoration for our God in song. Another friend of mine who does attend that church called out to the Pastor asking if he could give a word to a visitor in the church so the Pastor permitted the Spirit-directed interruption. Afterwards, an elderly woman stood up and gave a word encouraging the people to take courage and to obey God in whatever He was prompting like the previous man had just done. Meanwhile, my heart pounded as just prior to the elderly woman’s encouraging word, I heard the Spirit invite me to call forth the man in green (and the woman sitting with him) as I was to sing over them a prophetic song. Often times, God just highlights the person(s) to me and then all I have to do is step forward, open my mouth, and He takes over. But being my first time in that church not knowing how their services normally go or if they would even be open to such a thing, I nervously asked the Pastor if I could do such a thing and he eagerly agreed.
With the Pastor’s permission, I called forth the man in green and the woman next to him (they were a couple). I also asked the man who spoke out moments earlier to come up and lay hands on them as I already knew he had gifts of healing (from me knowing that man). I asked my guitarist friend to noodle whatever he’d like on the guitar. Then I began to sing a spontaneous prayer over them, which turned into God singing a lullaby of healing over them. In the song, it was about God healing the man physically and healing the woman’s heart. I remember singing about God was physically healing the man and he was about to enter a new season of growth then the Spirit shifted me to sing over the woman saying He forgives her, He sees her crying at night, and to let it go, and simply follow Him…the Spirit went on to say they will have many spiritual children if they just step out of the boat in faith and follow Him. The word that came through during the spontaneous prophetic song evidently ministered to them as they were crying and seemed to validate what the Spirit was singing over them.
When I finished, the man revealed to the church that he is struggling with lupus (the very disease the singer on the stage gave a testimony of healing from). So the woman who was healed of lupus and her husband came forward, without human prompting, to pray for the man in green and his wife. The husband of the healed woman gave nearly the same prophetic word as the song I sang to the woman who needed healing in her emotional heart.
“Our God, the creator of the heart, the creator of the body,
is all about using the body to heal the heart. “
Our God, the creator of the heart, the creator of the body, is all about using the body to heal the heart. Furthermore, His heart is to heal others through the body! He uses us believers in Him and His Son as members of the body of Christ to transform hearts. All it took was one domino of obedience to trigger another, to trigger another, until the end result was transformation not just for the man and woman who were specifically called out, but for all of us dominoes God used to bless them!
I had no idea God liked to play dominoes. I always just likened God to favoring chess as He moves the pieces around in our lives to help us reach our God-appointed destination. Now, I see He also prefers dominoes triggering each of us to surrender in obedience to His will, His way, and His wisdom as He connects our hearts in His all-knowing, healing, lullabies of love.
(Recorded March 28, 2018) In this episode, Carrie updates you on if the prophecy she and Jerry received in October 2017 manifested. She also discusses some interesting truths she’s gleaned about prosperity and a potential opportunity in Puerto Rico!