If you have read our testimony found on our home page, ‘Walk His Way’, as to how Abba (Father God) called us out of our very own proverbial Egypt or Babylon to follow His cloud so to speak wherever He leads us, then you know He has incorporated the ‘Feast of Tabernacles’ also known as the ‘Feast of In-Gathering’ into our journey. In the beginning of this peculiar quest, my husband and I had an elementary understanding of this prophetic and important feast of Yahweh. I certainly did not know then what I know now and am so grateful His Spirit (Ruach) continues to teach us more and more about Him and His way the more we surrender the lies we once believed and instead embrace His truth.
I must warn you though it is far harder to surrender a lie than it is to embrace the truth.
It is far harder to surrender a lie than it is to embrace the truth.
Did you know what most refer to as “the rapture” is more accurately referred to as the gathering throughout Scriptures? Here are a few examples:
- “And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of the earth to the farthest part of heaven.” Mark 13:27 (NKJV)
- “For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all the countries, and bring you into your own land.” Ezekiel 36:24 (NKJV)
- “And it shall come to pass in that day (day of the LORD – see verse 1), that the LORD will thresh, from the channel of the River to the Brook of Egypt; and you will be gathered one by one, O you children of Israel.” Isaiah 27:12 (NKJV)
- “For a mere moment I have forsaken you, but with great mercies I will gather you.” Isaiah 54:7 (NKJV)
To read more about gathering, study these verses: Deuteronomy 30:3-4; 1 Chronicles 16:35; Nehemiah 1:9; Psalms 106:47; 107:2-3; 147:2; Isaiah 11:11-12; 43:5; 56:8; Jeremiah 29:14; 31:8,10; 32:37; Ezekiel 11:17; 20:34,41; 28:25; 34:13; 37:21; 39:27-28; Hosea 8:10; Micah 2:12; Zephaniah 3:20; Zechariah 10:10.
Now that we have established the more accurate terminology is referred to as the gathering of the saints verses the not once mentioned word of the rapture according to Scripture, we can investigate where believers are gathered to.
All of YHVH’s Feasts are His Holy Holidays and prophetic in nature. The Spring feasts being Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and even Pentecost/Shavuot were already fulfilled in Yeshua/Jesus’s first coming while the Fall feasts of YHVH will be fulfilled at His second coming. It is no coincidence the Bible connects the gathering with the ‘Feast of Ingathering’ for that is when they would rejoice in the gathering of their harvest and celebrate their freedom from sin and a corrupt culture such as their freedom from Egypt (Exodus 23:16; 34:23; Leviticus 23:33-44). Remember, ‘Feast of Ingathering’ is also referred to as ‘Feast of Tabernacles’ or ‘Sukkot’ in Hebrew.
Where Are Believers Gathered To?
Scripture makes it very clear where we are gathered to upon Yeshua’s second coming. At the last trumpet, the graves will open, the sleeping saints or sleeping beauties if you will, shall awake..shall be resurrected when the Prince returns, and the saints who endured the horrible persecutions of the tribulation shall be gathered to a specific location where Yeshua, the Prince, will rule and reign along with His saints (Matthew 24-26; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:1-11; 2 Peter 3; Revelation 11; 14; 20).
Contrary, to popular modern doctrines of mainstream Christianity, we aren’t whisked away to heaven at Yeshua’s return with the ‘to hell with ya’ll mentality’, although we do meet Yeshua in the air (I Thessalonians 4:17), we are gathered to…
- “Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.” Ezekiel 37:12 (NKJV)
- “So it shall be in that day; the great trumpet will be blown; they will come, who are about to perish in the land of Assyria, and they who are outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.” Isaiah 27:13 (NKJV)
- “I will bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, for Israel My glory.” Isaiah 46:13 (NKJV)
- “So the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness; sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” Isaiah 51:11
- “Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound the alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the LORD is coming, for it is at hand:” Joel 2:1 (NKJV)
- “And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the remnant who the LORD calls.” Joel 2:32 (NKJV)
- “But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness..” Obadiah 1:17 (NKJV)
- “Thus says the LORD: ‘I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’ ” Zechariah 8:3 (NKJV)
- “I will bring them back, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people and I will be their God, in truth and righteousness.” Zechariah 8:8 (NKJV)
- “Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.” Revelation 14:1 (NKJV)
To read more verses about where we are gathered to, study Psalms 2:6; 48:1-2; 74:2; 78:68; 87:1-7; 102:16; 125:1; 132:13-14; Isaiah 2:3; 59:20; Jeremiah 3:14-18; Micah 4:2, as some examples. If you only pick one of these to follow up, read Jeremiah 3:14-18.
So where are we gathered to at Yeshua’s return?
Is it heaven? Where are verses stating we are raptured to heaven? There is none. Instead, Scriptures state very clearly we are gathered to..
MOUNT ZION, JERUSALEM, ISRAEL.
Shalom and Amen.
Carrie R. Turner
This upcoming Sunday is Palm Sunday according to Christian tradition. Did you know when the Jewish people used palms shouting, “Hosanna” as Jesus/Yeshua rode the donkey several days before becoming Passover’s sacrificial lamb, that they were recognizing Him as the Messiah (John 12)? They had witnessed many miracles including the resurrection of Lazarus and so they believed Yeshua/Jesus was the Messiah. However, the Pharisees or religious leaders of that day, were blinded by their own religious doctrines and interpretations of the Scriptures and quickly took action to hide the truth from the Jewish and Gentile people.
In the Feast of Tabernacles, the last fall Feast of the LORD (Lev.23), the Israelites would wave the ‘lulav’, which is a branch made up of a myrtle tree, a palm tree, and willow tree bound together. In that feast, also known as ‘Sukkot’, the Israelites are commanded to rejoice and celebrate the arrival/return of Messiah. They would sing praises shouting “Hosanna” and “Blessed is He who comes in the name of YHVH”. Many scholars have notated that Jesus/Yeshua was most likely born during the fall Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot , according to all the Biblical facts provided, and will one fine day return during Feast of Tabernacles. Sukkot/FOT also represents the millenial kingdom reign of Yeshua, the Messiah.
Isaiah 53 fortold the Messiah as a gentle, humble servant or lamb in His first coming, while Isaiah 65-66, Zechariah 14, and numerous other passages including the Book of Revelation portray Messiah returning as a fierce and just lion in His second coming.
The religious leaders back then expected the Messiah to be more like a roaring lion making all things right and holy, but instead He was a loving lamb. Today, many religious leaders portray the Messiah as a loving, hyper-grace lamb chop, who doesn’t mind sin, when in reality, according to Scripture, He will return as a roaring lion correcting, judging, and revenging according to what He calls sin verses holiness while making all things right.
May we continue to seek Him and His Word for ourselves so we are also not deceived by these latter days religious leader’s teachings and thereby unable to know our Messiah nor recognize His holy and just judgment at His return to rule and reign.
#Feasts #Passover #Sukkot #FeastofTabernacles #PalmSunday #Easter #palms #Messiah