Did you know when Jesus / Yeshua read Isaiah 61 in the synagogue on Shabbat (Sabbath/Saturday), which we can read about in Luke 4:16-30), He was reading from that specific week’s “Haftarah” portion? For thousands of years, those of the Judaism faith have read from the Torah and Haftarah. A major part of the Jewish worship service since the days of escaping Babylonian captivity (see books of Ezra & Nehemiah), is the public reading of the Torah.For the Jewish people learned the hard way while under Babylonian captivity to forsake God’s instructions will inevitably lead to physical and spiritual bondage. The Torah is the first five books of the Bible, also known as the Law, or God’s instructions for life. Each week, in today’s congregations of Judaism, Messianic Judaism, and many Hebrew Roots’ congregations read a certain portion of the Torah in their services. So the whole world (of those groups) is studying the same portions in unity. However, many years ago, circa 175 BC, when Antiochus Epiphanes conquered the temple, he outlawed the public reading of the Torah, replaced the holy artifacts with pagan gods within the temple, slaughtered pig, an unclean and abomination according to Leviticus 11, Deut 14, and Isaiah 65-66, as a means to mock God’s ordained sacrificial system, and even tormented and killed Jews for holding to their belief in the one true God and their desire to adhere to His laws. All of this was an “abomination of desolation”, which will happen again according to prophecies found in the Books of Daniel, Matthew, and Revelation. Consequently, the rabbis of those days researched and prescribed related passages of the Torah found in the Prophets to be read each week instead of the Torah during that tumultuous time. This became known as “Haftarah”, which means “conclude”. After that horrific time, the practice of reading from the Prophets stuck so today, passages called portions from the Torah and the Haftarah, which are related are read. In Messianic Judaism (and possibly Hebrew Roots too), related portions from the Brit Chadesha (Renewed/New Covenant) are read as well. This photo captures this week’s. The Torah portion’s title is selected from the first few words of the passage. You will notice all of these passages have to do with sending out (i.e. spies & apostles). I hope you had a peacful, wholesome #Shabbat!
This week’s Torah portion is/was Behar, which means “On The Mountain”. While on Mount Sinai, Abba (Father) shared with Moses the need to let the land rest every 7 years and the consequences for the failure to do so manifested many years later. The concept of resting every 7 days and every 7 years is prophetic of the future Messianic era when Yeshua reigns…It also reveals to us that we can rest knowing Abba will provide for us on the 7th day and in the 7th year. #torahportion #shemitah #sabbath
Did you know just as each nation has it’s own set of laws, as does the United States of America has a constitution, so does God’s nation or kingdom? God’s kingdom’s constitution is the Torah, His laws found throughout the first five books of the Bible (Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy) and repeated throughout the prophets, demonstrated by Jesus / Yeshua, and taught by the Apostles.
Unfortunately, due to Anti-Semitic leaders, starting with the Emperor Constantine, and early church history, poisonous false doctrines of men were handed down throughout the centuries leading Christians away from God’s holy constitution even persecuting Messianic Jews, also called Christians, for honoring the Heavenly Father’s commands.
As time went by, it’s been said that the laws of God were only for the Jews and not Gentiles, meaning anyone not of Jewish descendant. However, we see by studying Scripture this is a false doctrine of demons designed to twist God’s word just as Satan has been doing from the beginning in the Garden of Eden. We see in His word, which is God’s written or recorded voice and will (Deut 30; John 10), also known as ‘The Way’ (Acts 9:2; 19:9; 22:4), that God’s laws were given to not just Jews, but all the 12 tribes of Israel, and anyone who aligned themselves with that faith. Jews is actually a slang term derived from the tribe of Judah. Judah, was one of the 12 children of Jacob (Genesis 35:23-26; Genesis 49), who’s name later was changed to Israel (Genesis 32:28). Abraham, was Jacob/Israel’s grandfather, whom God made a covenant with stating Abraham would have as many descendants as the stars and grains of sand (Genesis 22:15-18). Not by coincidence, this promise was given when Abraham was about to obey God by sacrificing his son, Isaac, but instead God provided a sacrifice, all of which foreshadowed God sacrificing His Son and Lamb, Jesus/ Yeshua, so that Abba Father / God could also have many descendants or children of God through faith in Jesus – as many as the stars and grains of sand! Moreover, we learn when anyone believes in Jesus as the redeemer of their lawlessness/sins and repents of such evil doings in their lives, they become part of the commonwealth of Israel or grafted-in Israelites. All of which validates the message of the first testament stating God’s laws weren’t just for the “native” Israelite but also for the stranger within or those grafted-in or brought into the flock so to speak. Check out these Scriptures:
- “Then the children of Israel journeyed from Ramses to Succoth, about six hundred thousand men on foot, besides children. A mixed multitude went up with them also..” Exodus 12:37-38 (NKJV)
- “One law shall be for the native-born and for the stranger who dwells among you.” Exodus 12:49 (NKJV)
- “You shall therefore keep My statutes and My judgments, and shall not commit any of these abominations,: either any of your own nation or any stranger who dwells among you.” Leviticus 18:26 (NKJV)
- “All who are native-born shall do these things…and if a stranger dwells with you, or whoever is among you throughout your generations..One ordinance shall be for you of the assembly and for the stranger who dwells with you, an ordinance forever throughout your generations; as you are, so shall the stranger be before the LORD.” Numbers 15:13-15 (NKJV)
- “You shall have one law for him who sins unintentionally, for him who is native-born among the children off Israel and for the stranger who dwells among them.”Numbers 15:29 (NKJV)
- “But the person who does anything presumptuously (intentional sin), whether he is native-born or a stranger, that one brings reproach on the LORD, and he shall be cut off from among his people.” Numbers 15:30 (NKJV)
- “Do not let the son of a foreigner (not a natural Israelite) who has joined himself to the LORD speak saying, ‘The LORD has utterly separated me from His people’; nor let the eunuch say, ‘Here I am, a dry tree.’ For thus says the LORD: ‘To the eunuchs who keep My Sabbaths, and choose what pleases Me, and hold fast My covenant, even to them I will give in My house and within My walls a place and a name better than that of sons and daughters; I will give them an everlasting name that shall not be cut off.” Isaiah 56:3-4 (NKJV)
- “Also, the sons of the foreigner, who join themselves to the LORD, to serve Him, and to love the name of the LORD, to be His servants – Everyone who keeps from defiling the Sabbath, and holds fast My covenant– even them I will bring to My holy mountain (Zion // Jerusalem), and make them joyful in My house of prayer. Their burnt offerings and their sacrifices will be accepted on My altar; for My house shall be called a house of prayer for all nations.” Isaiah 56:6-7 (NKJV)
- “Thus says the LORD God: ‘Surely I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel, his companions; and I will join them with it, with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they will be in one in My hand…and I will make them one nation in the land, on the mountains of Israel; and one king shall be over them…they shall not defile themselves anymore with their idols, nor with their detestable things, nor with any of their transgressions; but I will deliver them from all their dwelling places in which they have sinned and will cleanse them. Then they shall be My people, and I will be their God.” Ezekiel 37:15-23 (NKJV)
- “You will say then, ‘Branches were broken off that I might be grafted in.’ Well said. Because of unbelief (faith & obedience) they (natural Israelites) were broken off, and you stand by faith. Do not be haughty, but fear (keep God’s laws). For if God did not spare the natural branches (Israelites), He may not spare you either (grafted-in Israelites). Therefore consider the goodness and severity of God: on those who fell, severity; but towards you, goodness, if you continue in His goodness. Otherwise you also will be cut off. And they (natural Israelites) also, if they do not continue in unbelief, will be grafted in, for God is able to graft them in again.” Romans 11:19-23 (NKJV)
- “For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ’s, then you are Abraham’s seed, and heirs according to the promise.” Galatians 3:26-29 (NKJV)
- “Therefore remember that you, once Gentiles in the flesh– who are called Uncircumcision by what is called the Circumcision made in the flesh by hands- that at that time you were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope and without God in the world. But now in Christ Jesus you who were once far off have been brought near by the blood of Christ.” Ephesians 2:11-13 (NKJV)
And lastly, we see the Book of Revelation describes believers or saints as not just those who believe in Jesus / Yeshua, but who also keep God’s laws, His kingdom constitution. Because in Hebraic culture, verses western interpretations, to believe is to do.
- “And the dragon (Satan/Anti-Christ) was enraged with the woman (Christ), and he went to make war with the rest of her offspring (Bride of Christ / children of God/ saints / believers), who keep the commandments of God and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.” Revelation 12:17 (NKJV)
- “Here is the patience of the saints: here are those who keep the commandments of God and the faith of Jesus.” Revelation 14:12 (NKJV)
So you see, dear brothers and sisters, Abba Father’s household rules or kingdom constitution is His Torah, His commandments, His laws, which are eternal (Psalm 119:160). If we say we are of Him, believe in Him, and accepted His amazing grace, we will be given His Spirit of Holiness and will want to submit to His authority, His ways, His will, which are found in His kingdom constitution, the Torah. May we not be like illegal immigrants who want to access our great nation and reap it’s benefits, but refuse to obey its laws.
Shalom and Amen.
If you have read our testimony found on our home page, ‘Walk His Way’, as to how Abba (Father God) called us out of our very own proverbial Egypt or Babylon to follow His cloud so to speak wherever He leads us, then you know He has incorporated the ‘Feast of Tabernacles’ also known as the ‘Feast of In-Gathering’ into our journey. In the beginning of this peculiar quest, my husband and I had an elementary understanding of this prophetic and important feast of Yahweh. I certainly did not know then what I know now and am so grateful His Spirit (Ruach) continues to teach us more and more about Him and His way the more we surrender the lies we once believed and instead embrace His truth.
I must warn you though it is far harder to surrender a lie than it is to embrace the truth.
It is far harder to surrender a lie than it is to embrace the truth.
Did you know what most refer to as “the rapture” is more accurately referred to as the gathering throughout Scriptures? Here are a few examples:
- “And then He will send His angels, and gather together His elect from the four winds, from the farthest part of the earth to the farthest part of heaven.” Mark 13:27 (NKJV)
- “For I will take you from among the nations, gather you out of all the countries, and bring you into your own land.” Ezekiel 36:24 (NKJV)
- “And it shall come to pass in that day (day of the LORD – see verse 1), that the LORD will thresh, from the channel of the River to the Brook of Egypt; and you will be gathered one by one, O you children of Israel.” Isaiah 27:12 (NKJV)
- “For a mere moment I have forsaken you, but with great mercies I will gather you.” Isaiah 54:7 (NKJV)
To read more about gathering, study these verses: Deuteronomy 30:3-4; 1 Chronicles 16:35; Nehemiah 1:9; Psalms 106:47; 107:2-3; 147:2; Isaiah 11:11-12; 43:5; 56:8; Jeremiah 29:14; 31:8,10; 32:37; Ezekiel 11:17; 20:34,41; 28:25; 34:13; 37:21; 39:27-28; Hosea 8:10; Micah 2:12; Zephaniah 3:20; Zechariah 10:10.
Now that we have established the more accurate terminology is referred to as the gathering of the saints verses the not once mentioned word of the rapture according to Scripture, we can investigate where believers are gathered to.
All of YHVH’s Feasts are His Holy Holidays and prophetic in nature. The Spring feasts being Passover, Unleavened Bread, Firstfruits, and even Pentecost/Shavuot were already fulfilled in Yeshua/Jesus’s first coming while the Fall feasts of YHVH will be fulfilled at His second coming. It is no coincidence the Bible connects the gathering with the ‘Feast of Ingathering’ for that is when they would rejoice in the gathering of their harvest and celebrate their freedom from sin and a corrupt culture such as their freedom from Egypt (Exodus 23:16; 34:23; Leviticus 23:33-44). Remember, ‘Feast of Ingathering’ is also referred to as ‘Feast of Tabernacles’ or ‘Sukkot’ in Hebrew.
Where Are Believers Gathered To?
Scripture makes it very clear where we are gathered to upon Yeshua’s second coming. At the last trumpet, the graves will open, the sleeping saints or sleeping beauties if you will, shall awake..shall be resurrected when the Prince returns, and the saints who endured the horrible persecutions of the tribulation shall be gathered to a specific location where Yeshua, the Prince, will rule and reign along with His saints (Matthew 24-26; 1 Corinthians 15:50-58; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; 5:1-11; 2 Peter 3; Revelation 11; 14; 20).
Contrary, to popular modern doctrines of mainstream Christianity, we aren’t whisked away to heaven at Yeshua’s return with the ‘to hell with ya’ll mentality’, although we do meet Yeshua in the air (I Thessalonians 4:17), we are gathered to…
- “Therefore prophesy and say to them, ‘Thus says the LORD GOD: “Behold, O My people, I will open your graves and cause you to come up from your graves, and bring you into the land of Israel.” Ezekiel 37:12 (NKJV)
- “So it shall be in that day; the great trumpet will be blown; they will come, who are about to perish in the land of Assyria, and they who are outcasts in the land of Egypt, and shall worship the LORD in the holy mount at Jerusalem.” Isaiah 27:13 (NKJV)
- “I will bring My righteousness near, it shall not be far off; My salvation shall not linger. And I will place salvation in Zion, for Israel My glory.” Isaiah 46:13 (NKJV)
- “So the ransomed of the LORD shall return, and come to Zion with singing, with everlasting joy on their heads. They shall obtain joy and gladness; sorrow and sighing shall flee away.” Isaiah 51:11
- “Blow the trumpet in Zion, and sound the alarm in My holy mountain! Let all the inhabitants of the land tremble; for the day of the LORD is coming, for it is at hand:” Joel 2:1 (NKJV)
- “And it shall come to pass that whoever calls on the name of the LORD shall be saved. For in Mount Zion and in Jerusalem there shall be deliverance, as the LORD has said, among the remnant who the LORD calls.” Joel 2:32 (NKJV)
- “But on Mount Zion there shall be deliverance, and there shall be holiness..” Obadiah 1:17 (NKJV)
- “Thus says the LORD: ‘I will return to Zion, and dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. Jerusalem shall be called the City of Truth, The Mountain of the LORD of hosts, The Holy Mountain.’ ” Zechariah 8:3 (NKJV)
- “I will bring them back, and they shall dwell in the midst of Jerusalem. They shall be My people and I will be their God, in truth and righteousness.” Zechariah 8:8 (NKJV)
- “Then I looked, and behold, a Lamb standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred and forty-four thousand, having His Father’s name written on their foreheads.” Revelation 14:1 (NKJV)
To read more verses about where we are gathered to, study Psalms 2:6; 48:1-2; 74:2; 78:68; 87:1-7; 102:16; 125:1; 132:13-14; Isaiah 2:3; 59:20; Jeremiah 3:14-18; Micah 4:2, as some examples. If you only pick one of these to follow up, read Jeremiah 3:14-18.
So where are we gathered to at Yeshua’s return?
Is it heaven? Where are verses stating we are raptured to heaven? There is none. Instead, Scriptures state very clearly we are gathered to..
MOUNT ZION, JERUSALEM, ISRAEL.
Shalom and Amen.
Carrie R. Turner
The Holy Scriptures give us a few traits or clues to beware of when discerning the Anti-Messiah or Anti-Christ spirit. As we sojourn the halls of various places of worship, carry on conversations with others, or peruse social media, be on the look out for any of these 5 traits:
- The most obvious clue is anyone who denies the fact that Yeshua/Jesus of Nazareth was/is the Son of YHWH (God), died for the sins of the world, and was resurrected on the 3rd day. Anyone who rejects Yeshua as Messiah is a carrier of the Anti-Messiah spirit. 1 John 4:1-3.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will seem to be culturally “cool”, very likeable, popular, persuasive, and intriguing, even offering people many lucrative incentives, but inwardly he/she/they are infected with a dangerous spirit. Daniel 8:25; 11:21,23,24,25.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will seek/has already sought to speak against, change and distort YHVH’s laws. The Anti-Messiah spirit is even referred to as ‘the lawless one’ (one without Yah’s laws). The Anti-Messiah spirit will proclaim their will, their laws, their way is the correct interpretation verses God’s will, laws, and ways written in His word. Essentially, the Anti-Messiah does away with the One True God and His will by replacing God with a god of their own ideologies. Daniel 7:25; 11:28,36-39; 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12; 2 Peter 3:14-18; Revelation 11:1-2.
- The Anti-Messiah spirit will slander, shun, persecute, torment, and eventually seek to kill those who keep or practice YHVH’s holy covenant, namely those who keep YHVH’s commandments and believe Yeshua is Messiah. This vile spirit is very anti-semitic/anti-Jew/anti-Israel/anti-Hebrew in all forms conceivable for the Anti-Messiah spirit knows not only was Yeshua a chosen Jew from Israel, but those who are chosen as native Israelites as well as the grafted-in Israelites, who both believe in Yeshua the Messiah and keep their Heavenly Abba(Father)’s commandments, are being a light to the ever-increasing dark world. Isaiah 49:6; Isaiah 51:4,7-8; Daniel 8:24; 11:28,30; Revelation 7:1-8; 12:13-17; 14:1-13.
- Conversely, the Anti-Messiah spirit will reward those who don’t keep God’s commands, are against God’s temple, and sacrifices, which are a part of God’s covenant in the Torah. Daniel 11:30-35; Revelation 11:1-2; 13:4-18; 17:8,15.
Learned something new this week. The Ruach (Holy Spirit) continues to blow me away as He reveals more and more particularly about the Feast of Tabernacles. That feast has been a central theme to our journey as He takes us from new land to land.
In the Feast of Tabernacles, also known as Sukkot in Hebrew, a ‘lulav’ was waived while the people rejoiced much like a flag in today’s worship services. The lulav consists of three different tree branches all woven together. Each branch has symbolism and meaning, but more on that to come…
Amazingly, the 1st place Abba (Father in Hebrew) took us to upon calling us to follow Him was Myrtle Beach, which matches the 1st myrtle branch in the ‘lulav’. Then, after 18 months, He led us to Kemah, Texas, which not only means ‘tabernacle’, but has palm trees everywhere matching the 2nd piece of the ‘lulav’. Makes me believe the final destination will be connected with the 3rd piece of the ‘lulav’ which is the willow tree. I wonder where that will be… In His time and His way, He will reveal it. In the meantime, we rejoice where we are at all the while learning and growing more as His servants. It was neat to discover too how the palms used just before Passover is connected to Sukkot (see post below).
Have a great weekend and Shabbat Shalom! 🌴
This upcoming Sunday is Palm Sunday according to Christian tradition. Did you know when the Jewish people used palms shouting, “Hosanna” as Jesus/Yeshua rode the donkey several days before becoming Passover’s sacrificial lamb, that they were recognizing Him as the Messiah (John 12)? They had witnessed many miracles including the resurrection of Lazarus and so they believed Yeshua/Jesus was the Messiah. However, the Pharisees or religious leaders of that day, were blinded by their own religious doctrines and interpretations of the Scriptures and quickly took action to hide the truth from the Jewish and Gentile people.
In the Feast of Tabernacles, the last fall Feast of the LORD (Lev.23), the Israelites would wave the ‘lulav’, which is a branch made up of a myrtle tree, a palm tree, and willow tree bound together. In that feast, also known as ‘Sukkot’, the Israelites are commanded to rejoice and celebrate the arrival/return of Messiah. They would sing praises shouting “Hosanna” and “Blessed is He who comes in the name of YHVH”. Many scholars have notated that Jesus/Yeshua was most likely born during the fall Feast of Tabernacles/Sukkot , according to all the Biblical facts provided, and will one fine day return during Feast of Tabernacles. Sukkot/FOT also represents the millenial kingdom reign of Yeshua, the Messiah.
Isaiah 53 fortold the Messiah as a gentle, humble servant or lamb in His first coming, while Isaiah 65-66, Zechariah 14, and numerous other passages including the Book of Revelation portray Messiah returning as a fierce and just lion in His second coming.
The religious leaders back then expected the Messiah to be more like a roaring lion making all things right and holy, but instead He was a loving lamb. Today, many religious leaders portray the Messiah as a loving, hyper-grace lamb chop, who doesn’t mind sin, when in reality, according to Scripture, He will return as a roaring lion correcting, judging, and revenging according to what He calls sin verses holiness while making all things right.
May we continue to seek Him and His Word for ourselves so we are also not deceived by these latter days religious leader’s teachings and thereby unable to know our Messiah nor recognize His holy and just judgment at His return to rule and reign.
#Feasts #Passover #Sukkot #FeastofTabernacles #PalmSunday #Easter #palms #Messiah
(Recorded Jan 9, 2019) In this follow up recording from the previous one (see ‘The Jesus Jackpot 777’), Carrie shares a specific revelation regarding the 3rd Trumpet, Wormwood. #Wormwood #GreatShaking #prophecy #3rdtrumpet